An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the us in 2017, in accordance with a Pew Research Center analysis regarding the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; this consists of immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians are the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning residing in the usa, accounting for just two% associated with U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the Colombian-origin population has increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million on the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. The nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin group, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, of the Hispanic population in 2017 by comparison, Mexicans.
Colombian-origin population when you look at the U.S., 2000-2017
|Foreign born||U.S. born|
Pew Analysis Center
The after key facts compare demographic and financial traits associated with the Colombian-origin population in the U.S. using the traits of U.S. Hispanics plus the U.S. populace overall. It’s predicated on Pew Research Center tabulations of this 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics within the U.S., about 33% are international created, in contrast to 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians have been around in the U.S. for over two decades, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the least a bachelorвЂ™s level, compared to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born are far more most most likely compared to the international born to have bachelorвЂ™s level or maybe more (42% vs. 30%).
- The median annual personal earnings for those ages 16 and older was $25,000, compared with $28,600 for Colombians among U.S. hispanics.
- Looking at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics obtained lower than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics who reside in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians within the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than foreign created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The population that is colombian focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) in addition to U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less inclined to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those who find themselves international born are more inclined to be married compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. women that are hispanic 15 to 44 gave delivery within the year before the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian females had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Similarly, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, because are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the information
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific: